Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mexican Pulled Chicken in Slow Cooker

Sorry for the bad quality picture. I used my chicken for chimichangas, eaten with guacamole, refried beans and cheese sauce.
There's a little Mexican joint about 15 minutes from my house that serves DELICIOUS food. I've become addicted to it. Whenever i have a craving for mexican food i head straight there. But this time i decided i was gonna try to make it myself ;). I always order chicken chimichangas. So the first step... the chicken! I looked at various websites for a recipe i liked and none of them met the criteria i wanted... then i found Confessions of a Cookaholic's Mexican Pulled Chicken done in a slow cooker. It was exactly what i was looking for. So here's HER recipe, with my twist. I used my own homemade salsa instead of store bought, left out the black beans, and added some spices and chicken broth.

Mexican Pulled Chicken (Slow Cooker)

2.5-3 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
24 oz salsa
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
1/4 of a red onion
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp italian seasonings
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth
4 oz cream cheese

  • Simply place everything in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours. 
  • Shred chicken with two forks. Drain extra liquid out of pot. Add cream cheese and mix.

Used in chimichangas and burritos, this is absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment